Job Title: Event Coordinator Intern
A team of creative styling platform is looking for an event coordinator intern. We are very passionate about transforming the way women see themselves, and putting together events to make the styling service more accessible to women of all backgrounds! We are looking for someone to join our team to lead the creation of events that range from Fashion Brunches to Corporate Events. Payment is on commission.
Event Coordinator Job Purpose:
Organize excellent events. Oversee all aspects of event planning and management, from choosing venues to evaluating success afterwards.
Event Coordinator Job Duties:
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues
- Planning event aspects, such as venue, seating, dining, and guest list
- Delegating event planning tasks to other team members where necessary
- Demonstrating strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings and taking on tours of venue possibilities
- Coordinating event guest speakers
- Creating sponsorship opportunities
- Staying under budget while planning event specifications
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive and readable financial reports
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organising vendors
- Communicating with the team to create effective advertisements for each event, and when necessary crafting marketing materials such as print and Internet advertisements for individual events
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios
- Creating sales opportunities for future events, during events.
- Planning multiple events at once
Event Coordinator Skills and Qualifications:
Organisation, Event Planning Experience, Team Management Experience, Time-Management, Sales, Attention to Detail, Marketing Knowledge or Previous Experience, Vendor and Entertainment Research, Initiative, Enthusiasm, Flexibility, Degree in Event Planning or Marketing Preferred